Thursday 25 August 2016

Lone parental responsibilities

First day back of lone parentage. As a precursor to this rant, I warn of not mixing my words in any way and to referring to my children as bastards (apart from Evelyn, of course never Evelyn!)

I feel sorry for G as he has said that amongst other things today he has swimming pool circuits, survival training and pt 😷.
Today was always going to be hard, baptism of fire back to reality. I, however, have dealt with Evelyn deciding to pull off her nappy before doing her morning poo (teething as well!) Literally not knowing what to do (I even found myself lamenting 'I just don't know what to do......' to the boys who were sat on the sofa watching frozen, literally not giving a fuck!) I decided all I could do was put her in the bathtub. At least there the shit couldn't be ground into the carpet anymore. I swiftly realised the dress she was wearing was going to have to be destroyed (even if was only because I was never going to be able to look at it again or be served a reminder of this event!) so I quickly grab some scissors to cut it off of her. At this moment I catch a glimpse of something in the corner of the bath (it is a tiny bath) a gigantic spider. There was no time, she could've grabbed it in her shitty paws, or it somehow may have realised the grave situation it was facing and try to flee (most probably in my direction and immediately into my hair) the shower was out and set on boiling to quickly disintegrate it down the plug. Evelyn got cleaned and redressed and I left the house fairly promptly, feeling unsure as to what had actually just occurred, but sure I definitely needed to leave the scene.

Since then the boys have taken the baton of basically being little bastards. Constantly not being satisfied with anything, being taken to a friends for a pizza play date (they have obviously  decided they no longer like pizza?!), fighting with said friends girls, destroying anything they can get their hands on, developing a newer insatiable thirst for anything the other has their grubby (not shit stained like their sisters, thank god) hands on, Rufus's voice seems much more penetrating today, maybe it's the humidity. He constantly has a red sweaty brow, maybe this is causing him some discomfort, or maybe he really does just see everything as a competition that he feels he is losing. Since getting back home and needing a bit of a rest and Evelyn a sleep I have said that they are to play in their room (where approximately 150 different of their toys are, and in fact as of later on all of their toys will be.) So far they have bounded back downstairs for reasons of needing a wee, needing a drink (both fairly valid) needing dory, needing to tell me something, needing to see if it is raining (it was and the washing was out, fuck!) needing to see if daddy was back, needing to see who I just talked to (I'm sat in silence.)

The message of them needing to go upstairs and play has sunk in now. It sounds like there are five of them up there, so it's hard to work out exactly who is doing what but someone is clearly running a train around the walls, potentially whilst thudding their feet. There is the constant mumbling humming an undefined, indescribable song (that is defo Hector). There seems to be something bouncing and also something being dragged?! They are potentially somehow lost (it isn't big enough to get lost up there, I've tried!) as there is a lot of Rufus calling out for Hector. But they for now are up there.....

I'm sort of catching a rest with Evelyn napping next to me on the sofa when she is rudely woken by a Woody doll (his batteries have never been changed and we bought it for Hector) announcing that 'this town ain't big enough for the two of us' and that marks the end of any sort of resting for today.

Well ain't that the truth.....




2 comments:

  1. It literally was! I mean today was always going to be a rough one but really ��!! After this I decided to go on a mission and rearrange their room and put their toys up there. When I went upstairs they had basically destroyed all rooms, and somehow managed to break a ride on reindeer. There were tears when I said that I was going to have to let Father Christmas know about them killing one of his reindeers! Funny they were good as gold after that!!

    ReplyDelete