Thursday 12 May 2016

when your child renders you defenceless


So, whilst being the general Lego bitch of the house (creating a house with a boathouse and also incorporating a train line to the main structure?) I started to feel a little melancholy. 

I stopped my Lego duties, leant back against the living room door (I say leant, it was more a slump). Pondering what may be causing my slightly down mood - Evelyn's pre 5 am wake up? Glancing on the calendar and seeing a large chunk of the year minus G? Antony and the Johnsons singing their sorrows to me? My home cut (well, trimmed) fringe? I just don't know? Just then Rufus comes upto me and gives me a hug and tells me he loves me (he can be nice sometimes) I feel a massive swell of love and pride and all blue goes out of the window. I watch him, quietly go behind the large box of Lego....crouch down.....and start...to.....crap....in....his....pants 🙈

No comments:

Post a Comment